Thursday, November 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Little Mister!

Monday November 5 was Peppers 4th birthday!  Can you believe it?  Neither can I.  Can I just say that this little man has been one of the two greatest blessings in my life!  He is an absolute dream come true!  I cannot believe the changes he has made in his short four years of life.  I remember when his birth mom handed him to me at the bottom of the escalator in the Salt Lake Airport.  My heart melted.  I felt complete!  I was so excited to be him mom! 

He was one sick little puppy!  He was so hungry I couldn't believe the eating he did.  About bankrupted us in the first week!  Then we found out that he had RSV, tortacollis and a flat flat head.  Poor kid had been left in his crib most of his first two months of life!  But shortly he was healthy, RSV gone.  And on to bigger things.  Lots of physical therapy to get the strength in his neck that he needed to hold up that noggin of his and an helmet to help shape his head and face back to what it should be. 

He grew and grew and developed so well that by his first birthday he was on track for normal development.  Actually I think he is quite the genius.  During his first three years of life we lived in our little house in Saint Anthony, but only two months after we got him we found out we were pregnant with Salt!  What a wonderful surprise!

I cannot believe the wonderful big brother he was from the moment Salt was born.  It was so cute how he just cherished Salt instantly.  You would have never known they weren't blood brothers, I think they were best friends before they came to this world!

The last four years have been so wonderful!  I love his little sense of humor, his sporty little body, and ability to stand on a scale and weigh only 36lbs but to lift him you would think he weighed 50!  I love his little pigeon toed feet, his dark sparkling eyes so full of joy!  His pure black hair and delicious chocolate skin.  He has been one courageous little boy and has a very bright future ahead of him. 

I am so amazed at his kind and sharing personality.  He is so good at taking his little brother by the hand and teaching him how to do things, but also to treat him like his equal.  He has stepped up and fulfilled his role as the man of the house with uncanny grace and sofistocation.  I mean what else would you expect from a four year old. 

He is turning into a fabulous little gentleman, he loves to tell me that I am beautiful or pretty, and that I am his girlfriend.  But that I can't tell anybody or they will laugh at him.  Ah, the love!  I adore it!  He even tries to open the door for me, especially at church.  What a kid!  Who taught him all that? 

All I know is that he is such a joy!  I can't get enough of him!  I love him with all my heart!  Happy Birthday to my little man! 

Now for a few pics of the birthday boy!


 First thing, he rolled over and I said, good morning... guess what?  He said "oh!  It's my birthday!"


 Clothes are ok, but where's the good stuff?



 Yes.... I am a crazy mom!  A drum!











 Birthday  guests... Jack, his best friend, Salt... and my parents, Ace, Neibaurs, Kathi Turner, Duke, and the neices....


 The birthday cake... I am a lousy mom and didn't make him one, because he saw this one and wanted it soooooooo bad!
 Little piro maniac,,, had to help me light the candles.



 Us all singing Happy Birthday...
 And he blew out all the candles on his own!
 Happy Birthday Pepper!

1 comment:

  1. Awww......Happy Birthday DC!! What a little stud! I love the part of what a gentleman he is for ya & how you're his girlfriend. ;) What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete