Saturday, August 25, 2012

Our New Adventure

Our New Adventure Begins...
DC, Ryder and I are embarking a new adventure in our lives.  Some of you may already know, but some things have happened and choices were made and now Duke and I are divorced.  Yes, you read it right, divorced.  Nothing more needs to be known other than that Duke made decisions that made it impossible for me to be his wife.  

I hope and pray that things will work out for him in his life.  I hope he will find someone who will love him the way that he needs to be loved and take care of him in the ways that he needs.  Duke is a good man.  I have loved him from the time that I met him, but through a lot of prayer and heartache I have come to the conclusion that we need to move on.  And not together.  I hope that he will find happiness in his life and be happy with the decisions he has made or will make. 

I have learned so much through this experience about agency and the very real fact that each of us has our own opportunity to make choices that will affect not only us, but also those around us.  I have also learned that sometimes the choices we make can have very real and big consequences.  This is exactly what has happened with Duke and I.  He made choices that will affect the boys and I, and himself forever.  

So what now?  Here is my plan...
For right now the boys and I will stay in Rexburg, doing what I do... managing the womens dorms, and going to school.  (Unless I get this job I am hoping for in Human Resources...)  Reality has hit, and I just don't know that I can support the boys and I on just working in the dorms, so I may have to do the one thing I have never wanted and work full time even though my boys are still home.  But I have decided that if I am meant to get it, God will make a way!  If not I know he will help me in other ways.

I have about a year and a half left of school and then I can look for a real career.  I am studying Healthcare Administration.  I don't know if I love it yet, as I am just starting the real classes, but I think it will be a wonderful way to provide a living for the boys and I!  

I love going to school and learning!  Thank goodness.  I am excited and scared to death for this next semester to start in school, but I think it will all be good.  I have a couple classes that really quite literally terrify me.  Especially Biostatistics!  AAAAAAHHHHH!  But I am hoping my little brother Sammy wont mind to bad if I am calling him like... I don't know every single day for help!  The best part of it is.... it only lasts twelve weeks!  And then I will be done with all forms of math! YAY!

Some exciting news in our life is that .... are you ready for this....  

My brother Sam is marrying the sweetest girl... Karen!  I am so excited for them.  They will be tying the knot in the Logan, Utah, LDS Temple on September 14th!  Let me tell you a little about them...
Sam has been going to school at Utah State before and since he came home from his mission to India.  He had been dating for awhile and decided that marriage wasn't in the books for quite awhile.  Then he met Karen.  

Karen is a darling gal from Logan.  She and Sam to me just look like they belong to each other let alone the fact that they look nearly like siblings.  Karen is one of the most darling happy and kind people I have ever met!  I am so excited to call her Sis-in-Law!  


I think this is their engagement photo.  Don't they look beautiful?!  Some day I will be that happy again! Well I am that happy, but I would like to be that happy with a man!  HAHA!

But all in all!  Life is good!  This is da life!  Sometimes it throws you lemons.  Karen on her blog has this great quote that I love...
 "Life gave me lemonade, and I can't imagine why!"-- Cris Rice So I may not know why but I love it. It is my favorite! Sure my days aren't always perfect but all the different emotions and experiences are what make every day so special.   (I don't know who that is... but I love the thought)

I am so incredibly grateful for my good, kind and loving family and friends who are being such an incredible help and support to me in this time of need!  Life is good!  God is kind!  And this is da life!  Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment